Monday, May 4, 2009

Springtime Tasting

Saturday's "Springtime Tasting in the Vineyard" ended up being in the barn instead of the vineyard, due to showers that went on throughout the day. I had help from three beautiful ladies, as well as from two of my kids. Cassandra and Elisa poured tastes of our wines, and Stephanie took care of sales and wine club signups. My son, Patrick, kept the wine in stock, and Olivia helped Stephanie with much of the prep work. Stephanie has a good eye for display and her efforts in arranging everything made for a fantastic atmosphere.
I'd say that we had about 80 guests. At the end of the tasting, I took a small group for a tour of the vineyard, and when we returned, most of the people had left. I didn't even get to say goodbye to my staff!
My bandmates, the BarnBurners, arrived shortly thereafter, and we set up to play some Rock 'n' Roll. We rocked the mostly-empty barn, with two girls doing all of the dancing. Our most enthusiastic fan was my ex-wife, Cathy. Go figure. It was great to see her having a good time!
Sunday afternoon, all four of my kids returned for their week with me, and I put them to work with cleanup. This morning, I'm running the last of the glassware through the dishwasher, so the job is nearly done.
Many thanks go out to Cassandra, Elisa, Stephanie and to all of my guests for making the event a wonderful one! Big hugs and "Thank you"s also to Patrick and Olivia. You're the Tops!

No comments:

Post a Comment