Saturday, May 30, 2009

I shouldn't tell...

... But I will, 'cause you guys are reading my blog.
There is a vineyard and winery on the east side of 101 between Petaluma and Cotati. If you exit 101N  at West Railroad, the entry is an immediate right. Go up the hill, past the unlandscaped house that is trying it's best to look like a French chateau, and park at the winery, known as Windy Hill. They are selling a fantastic 2001 Pinot Noir for less than $10/bottle. Go now and stock up. They are selling for FAR below their cost. They also have some decent 2001 Chardonnay, and some 2002 and 2003 Pinots, but the 2001 Pinot is exceptional. They haven't bottled their '04's yet! I think that the owner makes his money elsewhere and doesn't operate the winery as a real business, which makes things harder for folks like me who are trying to make a living. He is really unloading some fine wine on the extreme cheap!
I don't push the competition often. This is my big Tip for anybody following my blog. So get over there and buy some of that Windy Hill 2001 Pinot, and then thank me by joining my wine club!

No comments:

Post a Comment