Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Frost, No Alarm!

Dipped just barely into the frost zone this morning, and my alarm didn't sound! I'm crossing my fingers that the cold stayed close to the ground. We're in the process of mowing the rows clean. That helps with cold air movement as well as allowing the ground to accumulate more heat during the day. The stored heat then radiates back out to the vines during the night. I checked the alarm and reset it. It seems to be working now.
I'm preparing for a tasting this Saturday, May 2: our "Springtime Tasting in the Vineyard". We'll be pouring tastes of all of our wines, including some pre-release 2007's. I'll go to the winery today to pick up some cases of the just-bottled wines. At the tasting, we'll have equestrian demonstrations and vineyard tours. See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment