Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Cold & Colder

Last night was another cold one. This is like a broken record, eh? Tonight is supposed to be colder still. Today we've got mighty winds a-blowin'. If they were blowing at night, we probably wouldn't worry so much about frost. The wind stirs up the air so that the cold doesn't get a chance to settle. That's how those big wind turbines work for frost protection.
Today, I'm delivering wine to Vine & Barrel, a great wine shop here in Petalumma. I'll be pouring a Pinot tasting there on this Saturday.
Also, I'm working on the planning for a "Springtime Tasting in the Vineyard" on May 2. I'm hoping to pour some pre-release 2007 wines then. We'll also have some Equestrian Demonstrations for fun. I share the premises with the Sonoma Coastal Equestraining Center. It's always fun to see some skilled riders taking their horses through their paces, jumping and so forth.
I'll get up to Lampson Tractor today to get some repair parts for the tractor and the mower. A clean-mowed vineyard is less susceptible to frost damage.
Tax Day is tomorrow! I'm filing an extension and payin' the feds today...
Lastly, I hope to get some guitar practice tonight. My band is playing at the Tradewinds in Cotati on April 26th, and I'll be playing guitar, singing lead on about half of the songs. It's all classic rock cover tunes. I was a composer earlier in life, but that's a story for another day.
Stay Warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment