Saturday, July 25, 2009

Wine Blogger Conference 1

Just got home from day one at the Wine Blogger Conference in Santa Rosa.
I was one of the only winemakers blogging at the winefest. There were 250 bloggers trying to get online at the Flamingo Resort, and there were technical difficulties in accommodating so many with their laptops. I had taken mine in to be repaired just before the conference, so I had no way of doing the live blogging that was scheduled. I realized that it was a great opportunity for showing my wines, so I left the hall and drove home to pick up some of my 2006 Pinot and Syrah and to print up some more business cards with my blog address printed on the back.
I returned with wine in hand, and shared it with the other folks at my table at dinnertime. It was a fine dinner, and I enjoyed myself thoroughly. I asked the people from the other wineries how much they had paid for the privilege of pouring at the event. ...Being a blogger, I paid less than half of the fee that they had paid, and I still have two days to network and share! There are some advantages to being ahead of the curve. I've even got some other bloggers who are interested in doing video interviews with me during the time remaining. We'll see how things go.
Tomorrow (Today! - It's late), I've got to be at the resort by 9AM to catch the bus to Napa for day two. I'll fill in more details tomorrow (today!?), but I'm sure I'll get home late again...
To bed, to bed, sleepyhead!

2 comments:

  1. You should TOTALLY do video interviews! If you do, get the link to them and post on your blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Picture this: I play a signature riff on guitar leading into a quick factoid about the vines, the wines or whatever... Maybe twenty seconds max. We can shoot a bunch of them and schedule the postings out a number of days... Yowza!

    ReplyDelete